This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Sunday 22 August 2010

Container Potatoes n Mixed Border

I love experimenting with borders and mixing veg with flowers. Spot the potatoes?... I have my Maris Peer potatoes in an old wheelbarrow at the back of this border. (potatoes can be seen in 13 Aug posting). Perennials (die down in winter and come up again in spring) pictured here include Pink Geraniums and Varigated Hosta - both of these are great value plants as they can be divided every couple of years to make loads of new plants! (Click on photo to enlarge it)

1 comment:

  1. I love the wheelbarrow with potatoes. I might try that in Sept. when it is time to plant our gardens here. I have 2 old wheelbarrows with bad tires that would be perfect. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete