This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Pepper Update

My four pepper plants are doing well and producing juicy looking peppers. Can't wait to harvest, but I'll give them a bit more time to develop.

What the seed pack didn't tell me...
Apparently it is recommended when the plant reaches 30cm, pinch out growing tips to increase branching?? Maybe I'll try this next year.

Photo taken 31 Aug 2010.

Variety: Pepper (California Wonder), Thompson & Morgan Seeds, 30 seeds / £1.50 per pack.

3 comments:

  1. These peppers look really good---one of my favorite vegetables. I have never grown plants from seeds, but your plants look very healthy. When I buy pepper plants I never pinch them back. Are you supposed to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made stuffed peppers for dinner for me and my sis Connie's family last night. Home grown,tender and wonderful if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I was thinking about you last night and remembering when I used to go to Connie's to play. The stuffed peppers sound good, when are you going to start your blog?!?!?

    ReplyDelete