This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Friday 24 September 2010

Autumn Pinks

Today my blog reached 500 hits !!! I'm starting to join some other blog sites and I think this makes a difference! Thanks everyone for your support & inspiration.

It's finally getting a little cooler in Northern Ireland. High over the weekend 11C / 52F and low 6C / 43F. Great gardening weather. I'm beginning to realise I have loads of pink in my garden..."just a grown up girlie!"

Variety: Trailing petunias (annual), pictured with naughty cat from next door.

Variety: Sedum Autumn Joy (perennial).

Variety: Fuchsia Tom Thumb (miniature variety; dies down in Winter and comes up in Spring; flowers late summer).

Meet my neighbour!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the cat photo with pink flowers---would be good painting material. Also love the cow poking through the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sedums! And your neighbour is preferable to many city centre ones.

    ReplyDelete