This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Thursday 9 September 2010

Cabbage Golden Acre

I'm wondering if its time to harvest this summer cabbage? I'm ready to make vegetable soup!

The seed pack describes this variety as, "fast growing, early, traditional favourite." This may be one of only two cabbages I manage to get this summer without being devoured by caterpillars. I am definitely a fan of container gardening!

Variety: Cabbage Golden Acre, Homebase, 175 seeds, 39 pence per pack.

Edible Flowers Page - has been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment