This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Monday 15 April 2013

Finally Some Daffodils



Is it just my daffodils, or are they really late this year??


Last year I was photographing daffodils at the end of February (fully open flowers). This year it's April and many of the flowers aren't open yet (as the ones show below).

The windy conditions over the past week have been fierce and of course the daffodils get blown over. Some of my rose bush branches snapped as well.



Come rain, snow or gales - all I can do is keep calm and carry on!


It's the 15th of the month and this means it's Bloggers' Bloom Day!
Blogger's Bloom Day is hosted by May Dream Gardens and bloggers share their blooms from across the globe.


Copyright: All words and photos are property of Kelli's Northern Ireland Garden.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a cooler spring for you? Hope summer makes up for it! I love the sign!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there's your garden helper cat as if to says, Why have you picked all the daffodils? He is so cute and the flowers are pretty. Hope the wind didn't do too much damage. I like your sign, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are late this year aren't they, a lovely display when they do come out though. I know i am enjoying mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat looks very suspcious of those daffs. I bet you found it pretty hard to photograph the daffodils. With the the wind blowing strongly they just don't stand still, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first daffodil has bloomed today. I think most things are behind this year. A lovely photo of the cat with the daffys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sign. Well, you know the story about my daffodils. More snow today. We have nearly 6 inches and still snowing. I do believe that the daffodils were early last year. Usually I have daffodils to take to work with me here at the end of the semester. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitties face is utterly divine. So silly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love daffs! Can't grow them here in the sub-tropics of course, but they have them in the grocery store over December for household displays. It's one of those fragrances that brings back a lot of childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelli, the photo of your cat is hilarious! Great shot! I have been hearing from all my gardening friends in the UK & Ireland about the cold, long winter, you've had. No wonder your Daffodils are late this year. I hope the weather improves soon and the wind ceases. Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are really late - our large daffodils are just coming out too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cat wiith the daffodils. Till last Saturday I had only a few daffodils and I wondered if they would flower at all. Now after 3 warmer and sunny days, they are there again with more flowers than I expected. So better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like this year's winter has been as long as last year's was short. We seem to be in between extremes. Your cat does seem to have plans to knock those daffs on his perch. :o)

    ReplyDelete